Data protection regulations
Data protection regulations
The person responsible for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other provisions of data protection law is:
MESSE ESSEN GmbH
Oliver P. Kuhrt
Chairman of the Supervisory Board
Thomas Kufen (Oberbürgermeister)
Contact details of the data protection officer
1. The usage of all ticket shop functionalities is only possible following user registration. To this end, the user must enter his name, address and e-mail address. MESSE ESSEN GMBH processes the user's personal data in observance with the data protection provisions applicable to the contract. The data will be recorded, processed and used in the scope required for the substantiation, design or modification of the contractual relationship. MESSE ESSEN GMBH is entitled to transfer these data to third parties commissioned with the implementation of the contract as far as this is required so that the concluded contracts can be fulfilled. Moreover, the MESSE ESSEN GMBH will not pass on data of the user to third parties unless the user has issued his express consent thereof. The user can withdraw his consent at any time without stating the reasons towards the MESSE ESSEN GMBH.
2. The user can retrieve and modify at any time the data which was saved for the purpose of using by MESSE ESSEN GMBH at any time via his user account. If the data of the user becomes permanently deleted, then a relevant notification will be sent to the MESSE ESSEN GMBH. Reference will be made that under certain circumstances, personal data can only be deleted following a certain period of time due to legal or contractual storage obligations. In this case, the affected data will be locked until the time of deletion.
3. All personal data entered when creating a user profile or when using online services will be processed with your consent. Unfortunately you cannot use these services like a ticket registration offered by Messe Essen GmbH without agreeing to a consent declaration.
4. The data subject has the right to request confirmation from the data controller as to whether personal data concerning him or her are being processed; if this is the case, he or she has a right of access to such personal data and to the following information:
a. processing purposes;
b. the categories of personal data being processed;
c. the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or are still being disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations;
d. if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration;
e. the existence of a right of rectification or deletion of personal data concerning him or of a restriction on processing by the controller or of a right of opposition to such processing;
f. the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
g. if the personal data are not collected from the data subject, all available information on the origin of the data;
You also have a right to restrict the processing of these data and a right to data transferability. If you have given us your consent, you can revoke it for the future. If you have any questions on the subject of data protection, you can contact the data protection officer at any time. You also have the right of appeal to the competent supervisory authority.
Responsible regulatory agency:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit NRW
Phone: 0211 / 38424-0
Fax 0211 / 38424-10
To exercise your rights under data protection law, please contact email@example.com.
5. In order to make using the ticket shop as comfortable as possible for the user, in some areas so-called cookies are used. Cookies are small text files that are saved on the user's hard drive. Cookies are used for the so-called shopping cart function as well as for compiling statistics pertaining to the usage of the ticket shop in order to continually improve the offer for the user. Messe Essen GmbH does not use technologies that link accumulating information with user data through cookies to determine the identity of the user. Principally speaking, the ticket shop can also be used without cookies, which may, however, lead to limited functionality of the ticket shop. Web browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies generally or in specific cases.
Every time you visit the ticket shop, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the calling computer. These data and information are saved on the log files of the server.
The following data is collected:
1. information about the browser type and version used
2. the user's operating system
3. the IP address of the user
4. date and time of access
5. referrer URL
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user. The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to the user's computer. For this the IP address of the user must remain stored for the duration of the session. The data is stored in log files to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data serves us to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context. Our legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR also lies in these purposes. The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility of objection on the part of the user. We reserve the right to review this data at a later time if we become aware of specific grounds for suspicion of illegal use.
6. Links to the sites of other providers may be found within the ticket shop offer. As MESSE ESSEN GMBH has no influence over these websites, the user is recommended to obtain the information provided there, where applicable, pertaining to data protection. MESSE ESSEN GMBH assumes no liability for the content of linked contents.
7. We reserve the right to change this data protection declaration at any time with effect for the future. An up-to-date version is available on the website. Please visit the website regularly and inform yourself about the applicable data protection regulations.
8. You also have a right to rectification, erasure or restrict the processing of these data and a right to data transferability. If you have given us your consent, you can revoke it for the future. The legal basis for collecting and processing of personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If you have any questions on the subject of data protection, you can contact the data protection officer at any time. You also have the right of appeal to the competent supervisory authority.
As of: 08.10.2021